• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bottom mounted rad question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoBePmp

i'm mounting a rad on the bottom of my case with 2 120mm fans sucking air into the case through the rad. I also have 2 80mm intake fans and 2 80mm outake fans in the case. I'm wondering if I can remove the 2 80mm intake fans without raising the case temps. I would still have 2 120mm intake on the rad plus the 2 80mm outake fans.

I want to do this because it would free up some space to mount my pump also I was thinking 2 80mm and 2 120mm intake with only 2 80mm outake fans might not be a good idea.

You could take out the 2 intake fans. It's best to have the same cfm going in and coming out to keep the air in the case moving.

sucking air in through bottom of case?

sounds like a dust bunny PC waiting to happen.

if you do it, dont put pc it on the floor put it ony our desk or something.

You guys...do you honestly think having your rad 2 to 3 feet lower is going to do anything in terms of getting it cooler air?

Personally, most cases aren't even mounted high up enough off the ground to allow for good airflow, in addition to the dust issue brought up before. Think about it, what is your radiator going to perform like if you just have 1cm on all sides to suck in air from?

Back