• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope... wont have a problem... just follow the install instructions that came with the mobo manual.

Ah well what I thought, after reading various tech forums about the Intel P5B users having troubles installing the Windows XP SP2 disk with SP2 already on it gave BSODs and errors... I guess it's user error or the disk they are using is bad..

I think that comes from a lot of the early bios revisions had some memory compatibility issues and those with the P5B Dlx or most any 965 based board and the wrong memory had struggles. I think that is mostly in the distant past now.

I had problems installing a Volume License Copy of Windows XP-64 bit, which was a copy of the original disk. The problem was associated with how you copy the disk and not the system. Many people experiance this same issue, and many people who install illegal copies also experiance this. The ability to copy CD's and DVD's came before the DMCA, and is not an illegal as long as you do not bypass any security messures past the date of the DMCA. Microsoft has had a history of not protecting their disks with CD level copy protection. However, I was supprised to find that Microsoft implimented Disk level protection on a Volume Licensed Disk.

The only burned OS disks that have given me problems are the ones that I tried to set "burn speed records" with and appeared to burn properly but showed problems during install. Once I learned to slow the process down to 1/2 max speed or less those problems are a distant memory.

Only issue I had installing XP Pro (no SP or SP2) was with the raid drivers thats it. Otherwise no issues.

Vista flawless install. But need to update the lan drivers so you can actually access most sites (wierd issue).

Back