• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth upgrading to vista??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would get 64 bit. It runs great, and any problems you have with finding drivers, you are going to have the same problems with Vista x86. If all your hardware is current (and assuming no specialty equipment like music equipment?) you should not have any problems finding drivers.

Its really nice being able to install on a raid array without needing drivers too :) (havent tried it on x86 but no F6 for x64 :) )

EDIT: wouldnt hurt getting more RAM though. 2GB is nice, I was running 4x512 at 2CR and its snappy :)

EDIT EDIT: not sure about All-in-one printer drivers though, if you have one you might need to look it up. My brother Laser has had x64 drivers from the get go though. If you have a network, then its not really an issue, cuz you can remote to another machine and print that way (little more work but easily done)

thnx for the reply

so you are suggesting to get the 64 bit version instead of 32 bit.

I am not gonna upgrade to 2 gb yet. No real need. I don't game a lot. Just surf the net, word processor music, msn etc

Yae, i have a network so dnt need to wry bout printer drivers.

Just one more question though : Will I be able to use Office 2003 with vista??

yup

Althouhg I suggest signing up fopr office 2007 beta :)

its much more Vista like :)

(can be a bit of pita when you want to do somethings but for hte common person its all right up in the toolbar...)

Back