• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Curious and confused...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baballin328

Registered
I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but I'm still a bit confused. I was looking at the Coolermaster Aquagate,the Coolermaster Aquagate Mini 120 (both are now $61), the Aquagate Viva ($70) and the Thermaltake Silent Water ($60). I have a Ultra Microfly Case. I have been told to go with air over those watercooling kits, but I don't know if that's the best choice. This is what I was thinking, since my case is small and cramped, much of the air inside will be warmer than the outside temp. So doesn't that mean that the hsf is blowing hotter air? I was thinking about getting one of those watercooling kits and putting the radiator outside where the air is cooler. If I do it this way will the cooler air result in better temps? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm curious...:p

Personally, I think you need to forget about those wimpy cooling systems and go BOLD!! You have the opportunity here to make something really cool! I think your Microfly would hook up very nicely with a Black Ice Micro II

http://www.hwlabs.com/products/bim2.htm

It looks like the radiator will fit in the front of the case where the 80mm fan is. You would remove the fan, attach two 80mm fans to the radiator, and then put the radiator where the 80mm fan used to be.

Get yourself an Apogee water block, an MCP350 pump, some 3/8” Tygon tubing (yeah, go for the best cause you’ll need the flexibility,) and the GPU block of your choice. If you do it right with some UV coolant and some tasteful LED placement and maybe a cathode, you can have one serious jaw-dropping rig! If you also get the Swiftech MCRES-1000 then pump placement and filling become a no-brainer. In fact, that one piece basically makes it a bolt-on kit.

It will cost at least 200 bucks, but you will be envied!! How much is THAT worth? :D

Sure, check this heatsink out. Its the old Thermalright SLK948 which is an awesome performer and will fit in basically any enclosure ;). Just get a strong fan for it and use a PWM to set the performance/noise ratio that you find optimal.

baballin328 said:
...now $61), ...($70) ...($60).

..much of the air inside will be warmer than the outside temp.

At that price point any WC will have barely adequate cooling. You have to figure at least 200-250 for WC parts. You can save alot on money by using a heatrcore though.

As for the temp of the air in the case, good case ventilation will keep it hear ambient.

There are many posts from people that have used the WCing you are proposing...read their posts.

200-250 is a bit too much.

in my case i only paid 164 bucks. yea, i didn't buy it all in one go. but it saved me quite a bit of money that im going to spend on a better mobo.

apogee.
mcr320
d5
7/16 masterkleer

im not going to watercool my graphics card for a while because to get the ones that w/c your ram is just redicuolously expensive.

You guys have to remember that this is an SFF case. Not as small as a Shuttle, but close.

I don't think any heat-pipe cooler is going to fit in there. I also don't think the mini 120 will fit.

The Viva, however, is interesting in that you could probably set it up in a PCI slot with the fans facing the case side panel. Then cut two holes in the panel for the fans. Then you'll have outside air being draw into rad. That might give you the best result.

Back