• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first H2O setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macadonious

This is my first time I ever setup a water cooling system. I used DD MAZE4 custum kit. Here are some screen shots and pix.
Air cooled with an XP90 on the CPU
ebc165aa.jpg

Water cooled.
ebc16452.jpg

Full load. You cannot see it, but it is at 37C
ebc16372.jpg

nothing wrong with that at all, prettier than most first timers, good job. im sure you are enjoying the noise.

QuietIce said:
A great start into WC but take my advise, pull out now before you're addicted ...! ;)
<---- listen to this advice ;)

seriously don't know how many times everyone here says it ,but, dont use plastic hose clips, get metal ones.

Aye, get yourself some worm drive metal hose clamps.
Its the only way to get a good seal on some of the joints in my system.

But now that you're pot committed so to speak, welcome to the world of water.

Valk said:
nothing wrong with that at all, prettier than most first timers, good job. im sure you are enjoying the noise.
Actually, it is noiser then I had hoped. I had to have the 120mm fan on the outside and it ain't quite. Hopefully, I can find a replacement fan that would have the same CFM, but be far quiter.

Sleepy_Steve said:
Aye, get yourself some worm drive metal hose clamps.
Its the only way to get a good seal on some of the joints in my system.

But now that you're pot committed so to speak, welcome to the world of water.
I will take this advise..thanks

You will find that with each new build, your watercooling setups become better and easier. As you said, the main thing is that it gets the job done. I honestly almost laugh at looking at my first watercooled rig pics compared to now.

If you really want quiet, you will want to change at some point to a dual rad. Using a dual rad, you would use undervolted yate loons which would be very quiet. I have 3 yates at 4v on a PA120.3 cooling a CPU, GPU, and hard drives and it is very quiet.

Back