• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 2-2-2 special BH5 or BH6, worth anything or outdated?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camarossguy2

Registered
I have 2x256mb Mushkin 2-2-2 special rams p/n: 991153.
When i bought them i was told they were the wonderful BH5 memory, but later people said they probally had BH6.

Anyway, i've moved on and had these lieing around. I know there was a time when these were dersirable, but chatter has pretty much stpped on these.

They worth anything? how much? keep em of put them on ebay?

Yea they are worth something especially if they are BH5's :)

If they don't have heatspreaders on them you can see on the memory chips weather they are BH5 or BH6.

For good 2x256MB of BH5 you could get anywhere $60-$100, just depending on how well they do and considering that they are out of production for some time now and can't be bought retail.

The specials were BH6 and are almost as good as the BH5. Just make sure you burn them in for about two days to unlock thier true potential. ;)

Typically BH6 have 2-3-2-x timings and OC like crap if you don't burn them in. Once you start burning them in at say 3.0V, the magic happens. Be warned that you would probably need about 48 hrs of burning in at progressively higher voltages to get them to behave like BH5. ;)

Back