• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAZE5 is out, anyone try it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm only $42, not to bad. Perhaps I'll pick one up sometime this month. I mean, this is the month of giving so maybe I'll have to give myself one of these new blocks.

Ooh... looks pretty.. more channels.. but how does the water get to the center?

Oh well, now Maze4s will be even cheaper in the classies.

All I've heard is its more efficient and gives better temps, which, well, is all I'm really looking for :D

speed bump said:
And somewhat more restrictive.

Probably figured that swiftech finally managed to build a good GPU WB we had better get going on an update.

Yeah, but, most people who are serious about making a WC Setup usually put their time and money into it. SO! If they get a restrictive block...chances are they got a nice pump powering it.

I'm really looking at the MP-01 vs. Maze5 showdown, which is bound to happen.

These blocks don't fit the 8800 either, so you're kinda stuck with the crappy full cover solution DD provides.

Water covers the entire surface of the "maze" and simply passes through/over the channels.

7800gs with maze4

Maviryk said:
Meh, send me a 8800 and a Maze5, I garantee I can make it fit.

Made a Maze4 fit a 7800GS quite easily.

Can you tell me what you did to modify the maze4 to fit? I have a wc setup now with a Polarflo but it has developed a slow leak at the brass inlet/outlets and I want to replace it.

Thanks.

I'm wondering what the reviews will say, by first impression I'm not really impressed.
And is that cast copper? I hadn't realized all of their GPU blocks are cast until now.

Last edited:
From what I heard that waterblock doesn't offer anything better than maze 4. I would go with swiftech since the design is more future proof. By future proof design I am referring to mounting hardware. Swftech blocks are compatible with nvidia 8800 cards and probably will be with any graphic cards as long block base covers gfx's core.

Regarding denger den, company became quite lazy recently. It is casting their block which cuts costs. Their full cover gfx for 8800 cards is poorly made. Swiftech will release new series of blocks soon for quad cores cpu, dtek has a new block and danger den continues with same line up of blocks.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to reference it to, but my Maze5 keeps my 7950GT at ~31 idle, ~37 load. Card is clocked at 675/815. Temps never go above 37 in 3D Mark runs.

Back