• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd internet problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

99GrandAmSE

didn't know where to post this but since i have xp i figured i'd start here

i signed onto aim before class yesterday and 8 hours later when i came back i was logged off...no biggie, i just hit sign on and went to the bathroom....when i came back, it had tried to sign on about 4 times but kept on hanging on the connection screen and eventually timing out. i have tried using multiple programs to solve this (gaim, aim 6.0, aim pro, aim express) and on my computer they all produce the same results. things work fine on my roomates computer so something must be wrong with mine.. i've tried everythingi can think of un-re-installing software, restarting, safe mode, full virus and spyware scan, wired and wireless connection and nothing seems to be working. even tried system restoring a few days but that didn't work at all....anyone know of anyhting that could be usefull? thanks

Kyle

not sure if this makes a difference but i only have about 3/4 connection...let me explain

only some webpages show up fine....there are a few that take quite a while and eventually tell me the page can't be displayed mainly the aim pages. i don't know if that helps at all

kyle

Back