• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is the onboard video for the DS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blockdoc

Registered
I'm doing another C2D system build for someone with this board and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the onboard video for the DS3.

yes there is

^ There are 2 types of the ds3, 965p and 965g!
Sorry blockdoc I dont know, I would think its OK for day to day things like the web .

hardwarezones review of the 965g DS3 said that it basically wouldn't overclock at all, it could be the integrated graphics holding it back. I saw a forum post where some guy had managed to get it to 350Mhz FSB with what seemed like a lot of work, but the 965p DS3 will do 500 FSB. While it's probably a solid board, don't get it if you plan to oc much at all.

Thanks for the review source. I am planning to OC this board some. I'll go with the 965P and probably pickup a 7300gs. I'm doing this build for my folks who are not hardcore gamers. :)

i had a 965p s3 , then it musta got damaged 2 weeks ago when the fan on my watercooling system wasnt on and musta overheated., so i bought a 965g ds3 by mistake at local pc club thinking it was the "965p ds3" since i didnt know the difference until looking at hte board "hey its got a monitor port".... Bought a e6400 and had trouble overclocking it, and wasnt happy with it, so i tried to return it and i musta bent a pin on the cpu area, so they would only replace this board with another 965g ds3 since i had "self damaged" the board...

So they give me another new 965g and paperworks stating damaged no refund exchange. I call up another PCclub 40 miles away from me and tell em i jus bought this board and its the wrong one and they say sure they can exchange it for me *without letting them know what happened*. and I go there and remove the paper stating the damage/no refund comment, and they didnt have any 965p ds3, but they had the s3, so i figure I will go back to the S3. It was $10 bucks cheaper then the DS3 since they had the DS3 for $139.

So im back with the S3 and am happy.

So if you do not plan on gaming or overclocking, the 965g ds3 might be ok, but relying on onboard video really limits you.

Back