• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fraps problem :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniph

I recently decided to make a new gaming movie but I am having problems with Fraps. In the past, I have used Fraps just fine with the same game, but now, whenever i enable the recording, my FPS drops from 200+ to 8. I tried to fix the problem by installing the latest video drivers, reinstalling directx and I messed with all the fraps settings, but I can't seem to make it work. The game is Soldat, soldat.pl, and it is not a graphic intensive game. My computer was fine with it all before, but I can seem to get it working. Any suggestions?

That's quite the decrease in performance.. I would try to drop down the fps of the fraps recording and see if that helps.. Whenever I use fraps I get about a 20fps performance drop in the game is all..

I've tried dropping the FPS all the way down to 20, and it still goes to 8. I have tried half screen, full screen, with sound, without sound and more. I cant get it to work. The only difference I can think of is that back then, I had a cheapo graphics card. I majorly upgraded since then to a 6600gt but I don't think that's whats causing it. I did also get a new keyboard, the logitech g15. It interfaces with fraps and displays fraps benchmark info on the lcd, and I am wodering if it's some how hindering fraps performance.

I found a way to fix it, but i have no idea why it works. I decided to have my tsk manager open while I was playing, to view my cpu usage, and when i started recording, the FPS was just fine. I then closed the task manager, and the Fps sucked agian. So having the task manager open seems to fix the FPS issue. Strange.

Back