• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA NF68 (680i) works for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farwalker

Registered
I have had this new system together now for about three days. See my signature for what it is.

After I assembled all the parts, it started right up, loaded WindowsXP home, and off I went.:cool:

I've spent the last days loading apps and tweaking the CPU settings. I'm not messing with the memory yet.

I have noticed that the CPU voltage is reported differently in bios, nvidia monitor and CPUz (version 1.38).:confused:
BIOS reports 1.350v, nvidia monitor reports 1.3625v, and CPUz reports 1.288v.
Temps: idle 28C and full load: 44C (two apps of Prime95)

Ran 3DMark06 got a 11,075 score.

Yo, Farwalker,
I have the same board, processor and memory that you have. Everything was great for the first 3 days. When I got up around 3200 I started having a problem that I now believe is the PS2 mouse port. In game play of when I had folding in the background, the cursor jumped around, and functions aqssigned to the mouse wheel did things spontaneously.

Whatever the problem is did not show up as instability or lower benches. I had two 6800 GS in SLI getting 5500 in 3dMark06. I wanted to be sure the SLI works before spending on newer vid cards.

I tried going back to stock everything, reinstalling the OS, going from RAID0 to nonraid, changing drivers, flashing BIOS, etc. Once the problem started, it never went away. I RMA'd the board. I think some compnent like a MOSFET or resistor failed. On the EVGA forum, a number of people are reporting the mouse problem. The board seems to be great, otherwise. I could see that I was going to get to 3400 unlinked.

Maybe when I get the replacement . . .

BTW, I managed to get up from an idle of 38 degrees to 59 degrees running orthos. I'm using a Arctic Freezer Pro because Zalman wouldn't fit.

Goatzool

Farwalker said:
I have had this new system together now for about three days. See my signature for what it is.

After I assembled all the parts, it started right up, loaded WindowsXP home, and off I went.:cool:

I've spent the last days loading apps and tweaking the CPU settings. I'm not messing with the memory yet.

I have noticed that the CPU voltage is reported differently in bios, nvidia monitor and CPUz (version 1.38).:confused:
BIOS reports 1.350v, nvidia monitor reports 1.3625v, and CPUz reports 1.288v.
Temps: idle 28C and full load: 44C (two apps of Prime95)

Ran 3DMark06 got a 11,075 score.

Killer 3DMark06 Score! The voltages will show up a little different like that, just depends on how the program/BIOS reads it.

BTW, you will probably eventually get a PM from a moderator telling you your signature is too long....so I thought I'd just give you a heads up so you could change it.
Here's the guidelines:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=58341

jivetrky said:
Killer 3DMark06 Score! The voltages will show up a little different like that, just depends on how the program/BIOS reads it.

BTW, you will probably eventually get a PM from a moderator telling you your signature is too long....so I thought I'd just give you a heads up so you could change it.
Here's the guidelines:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=58341

jivetrky,

Thanks for the heads-up on the sig.
I cut it down to what I hope is an acceptable size.

--------------------
goatzool,

I am useing a usb mouse and keyboard. I hope I avoid mouse problems.

Yes, Under high CPU usage (Folding, Seti P95..even games that really pound the cpu) the PS2 mouse port will go nuts...

Jumping all over the screen as you move it.

If you are using a PS2 mouse or trackball..you can re-create the issue at will.

I went out and bought a USB trackball as a temporary solution, but I really need PS2 for my setup.

Hope they fix this issue soon.

Larry

Last edited:
My mouse did this too when I tryed to go over 3.6GHZ,below that it doesen't do it..

There is a known issue with the PS2 mice and keyboards. Don't think they have a fix for that yet but I would update your BIOS to P23 ASAP regardless because it fixes a major SATA issue that will show up eventually if not corrected with the P23 BIOS.

hmm, ok, let me get this straight, some people spend like $1000-$2000 on a rig, and still using a PS2 mice/keyboard?, wow!

Motley said:
hmm, ok, let me get this straight, some people spend like $1000-$2000 on a rig, and still using a PS2 mice/keyboard?, wow!

LOL yeah I dont ge't it? I buy a new keyboard about every 3 months because I wear it out and I buy a new mouse about every 5-6 unless there is just something newer out I want then I buy sooner :)

Back