• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice Xtreme 2 X-flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jim0ne

Registered
I just recieved my radiator (Black Ice Xtreme 2) and noticed it was the x-flow. Could someone please tell me the difference between the x-flow and the regular xtreme 2 rad. Should i send it back and exchange it for the regular one? I will be using a swiftech MCP655. I read that the x-flow is for low flow system.

I just dont want to go through the trouble of RMA and waiting for another rad if there is no difference.

HWLabs rates both as having the same exact performance.

Both radiators have 24 tubes for water to flow through. In the XFlow, the water enters the rad and gets split into all 24 tubes. The water goes from one end of the rad to the other and then exits the rad (single pass.) In the regular Xtreme, the water enters the rad and gets split into 12 tubes, goes down one side of the rad, then comes up the other side of the rad using the other 12 tubes (dual pass.) That's the difference.

Personally, I'd see if the design helps with the routing of tubing. The regular extreme has both connections at one end, where the XFlow has the connections as opposite ends. If the XFlow connections makes life hard, then I would change it...otherwise I'd keep it.

As of right now, it be alot easier to have the regular one. Since the routing be alot easier, i guess i will get a RMA on it. This is what i get for ordering the rad at 3AM in the morning. Thanks

Supposedly the single pass radiators don't affect your flow rate as much. This was what was told to me a while back, not sure if it still holds true though.

there was a thread on those rads and the general concensus was its a pretty pointless design.

might be good for routing for certain systems, but apart from that....

Thanks for the help guys. I refunded the x-flow, since it was pretty hard to get the set up to look nice on a mid tower. I guess I will start saving for a full tower. Kind of sucks that the case cost more then all the water cooling parts I ordered.

might be good for routing for certain systems

Yeah went with X-Flow so I could squeeze a triple inside my mid tower and keep it looking neat. Besides I liked the color :bday:

radmb_800x600.jpg

I think he's using red Primoflex tubing. I'm going to use that the next time I redo my tubing.

Back