• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video device already in use keeps popping up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeEbZ0r

Just as the title says, comes on random but once it comes on, it comes on until I restart, and then it usually comes on anyways. Regardless if I close the window or press okay it still comes up. Heres a screenshot:

err1rk9.jpg

After I click okay or close the window, this other one comes up:

err2au8.jpg

The question is, how do I disable whatever is causing this thing to keep popping up. Thanks in advance guys and sorry if its already been covered, I searched and couldnt find anything.

Ctrl, Alt, Del, at the same time and then the processes tab. Look for smoething that is running that appears to be video related? I'm assuming your using some kind of windows as the os

Im currently using Windows XP pro and yea, I tried looking for it in the processes, that was the first thing I did but I cant really pinpoint it to something.

I didnt recently update the drivers and as for the capture device, I do not think so. This thing started popping up after I installed Need for Speed: Carbon and it updated my current version of DirectX (Which is weird because I had 9.0c prior to the installation of the game).

Yea I got a yellow flag but its for the RAID controller and no I dont have any codecs that are stuck running. As I stated before, this thing comes on random and it only started happening after I installed NFS:Carbon and it made me reinstall my up-to-date version of DirectX.

Back