• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram compatability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, i can answer number 2 and maybe number 1. #2: as long as they are the same speed and timings, i dont see why not. #1 I really dont think there are to many problems with using a specific mobo with specific ram.

gunner46 said:
:eh?:: 2 Part question: 1. I have purchased Mushkin 991434 2GB HP3200 2-3-2 DUAL PACK (2X1GB),which I intend to install in a ASUS A8v Deluxe motherboard. Is their any known problems between this Motherboard and stated RAM ?
2. Presently have CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200, Model TWINX1024-3200XL installed, can I install the Mushkin and the Corsair together.

Thanks in advance.
There are many, many posts on the disadvantages of using 4 sticks of memory on A64 MOBOs.
Here's one just three posts down from your post: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=489363
Memory speed will drop to DDR333 (though, sometimes, with some mobos it can be raised) and Command Rate 2T will be required.

The best advice is to benchmark both ways. I think you'll be surprised.

1. Haven't heard of any issues, but memory compatibility seems like "pot luck" nowadays more than ever.

2. I was able to boot with my 2x512 Corsair and 2x1GB Patriot memory on my A8V-D at stock(200mhz) speeds, so maybe. You won't be in DC mode of course.

tuskenraider said:
1. Haven't heard of any issues, but memory compatibility seems like "pot luck" nowadays more than ever.

2. I was able to boot with my 2x512 Corsair and 2x1GB Patriot memory on my A8V-D at stock(200mhz) speeds, so maybe. You won't be in DC mode of course.
Four sticks will work in two X dual channels.
But post a CPU-Z memory screen and let's see how "successful" you were with actual memory speed and Command Rate.

Back