• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot boot in raid NTOSKRNL.exe is missing or corrupt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidMetaL

Registered
well I left my computer on last night and i woke up this morning, moved the mouse and it froze. restarted it and I got the error ntoskrnl file is missing or corrupt!!

i am in a mirror array with 2 80gb hardrives. I immediately tried deleted than creating the array again, but no luck. So I took them out of raid, and kept them seperate (JBOD) disks

I can now boot onto C and see all my data on the mirror drive, but as soon as I put it BACK into raid, i get the error and cannot boot.. what can I do so that I can run raid mirroring again?

-thank you

LiquidMetaL said:
well I left my computer on last night and i woke up this morning, moved the mouse and it froze. restarted it and I got the error ntoskrnl file is missing or corrupt!!

That symptom can occur if your CPU core is at a wall or something's up with the RAM.
The freezing sounds more like the processor or the HDD failing.

I agree that it sounds like a hard disk drive failure or the RAM being unstable.

But I saw a similar symptom, because of a lousy processor stepping.

My old T-bred 2000+ used to do similar when I was at the wall.

Last edited:
Back