• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone WC their 8800's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Shipping is only like a week to a week and a half from Eddy. Trust me, the wait is well worth it. IMO, Eddy's full cover blocks blow the dangerden ones out of the water!

Just an FYI, Eddy's site now says that they will be available 8.12.2006 (for those not familair with that date format, that is tomorrow).

His blocks are better than Danger Den...and even WITH shipping, the previous blocks were cheaper than Dangerden's by alot.

The SLI 7900 Blocks of his are listed as 133.72 Euros (That's $178) And shipping to Indiana is only $21

Danger Den's 7900 SLI blocks are $276 with shipping to Indiana!

Even if Eddy charges a little more for the 8800 blocks....they probably will still be way less (and better) than the Danger Den blocks!

Why water cool your 8800 , i dont water cool mines cuz my temps are idle like 40 C on high load 60 c ,i think its not bad at al , the 8800 stock cooler is very good

straat18 said:
Why water cool your 8800 , i dont water cool mines cuz my temps are idle like 40 C on high load 60 c ,i think its not bad at al , the 8800 stock cooler is very good

Mine is idling at 54°C, though I've only loaded up the forceware drivers from Nvidia. I haven't messed with the fans at all. Plus I plan on overclocking and want the additional cooling. Right now load goes up to 70°C on mine.

torin3 said:
Mine is idling at 54°C, though I've only loaded up the forceware drivers from Nvidia. I haven't messed with the fans at all. Plus I plan on overclocking and want the additional cooling. Right now load goes up to 70°C on mine.

If you intend to OC your 8800 GFX card ,go and do mess with fan setting , fan is a stock speed like 60% , boost it up to 100% and then on high load u wil not have 70c anymore you wil be around 62c :attn:

Oh, and I just checked Eddy's site today a few minutes ago, and given that he is 5-6 hours ahead of my time zone here, I'm assuming it is past close of business. Which means they didn't get them up today. Darn. It would be nice if he had a pre-order option.

5:00 EST and No blocks on page yet. EK is a member here, maybe he will chime in a clear everything up.

Back