• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which motherboard is better for E6300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eshiku

Which one of these board are better for the ocing the e6300 ? Gigabyte DS3 or the Asus P5B. Thanks

Asus P5B-Deluxe
Matrix raid and no issue with Micron D9 IC'd ram.
And bio's subtiming tweaking in the bios thats more effective then Memset.

Asus P5B
No issues with Micron D9 IC'd ram.

If you don't have D9's (Edlepia's or Promo's) and matirx raid doesnt matter to you :eek: , then the GA-965P-S3 would be a better buy then the DS3 IMHO.

I would want D9's if I was to get a low multi CPU

and.. I would spring for the E6400 its only 40bucks more and you don't need killer Ram or FSB performance to get a nice overclock. Even if you manage to get lucky and get 500FSB+ stable out of your ram and motherboard you can always lower the multiplier and overclock the NCC some for more performance :thup:

I would have to second the Asus P5B-Deluxe as being the board of choice for a E6300. greenmaji put it better than I could have said it myself.

~jtjuska

well i would suggest the abit ab9 over the p5b...simply because the ab9 has a higher power phase regulation for the cpu. the lastest bios on a non modded ab9 has gotten to 525mhz, lost the link and where i found it sorry, might be on xs.

Guess my two cents would be the Biostar Tforce965p-t motherboard. Mine happily runs 480fsb with my e6300 without even bumping any voltages. I like it much better than my DS3 I had. Just a thought...because it's only $104. I also did the volt mod, so now my D9's are getting 2.5v. The mod is SUPER easy :)

-Collin-

Back