• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1PC, 2 monitors, 2 keyboards, 2 people

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klingens

I want to allow two people to use the same PC. Since Windows can't have two consoles, both monitors should show the same picture and if person A enters "abcdef" with their keyboard and at the same time person B enters "12345" then it's OK if the result is "ab12c3d45e".

Would this be possible with a dualhead videocard (vga and dvi) and two USB keyboards/mice? If so how? Anything special to do except plug the peripherals in?

Of course if Windows could manage to have two consoles like Linux can, it would be nice too but I guess that's to much to ask from Redmond

Well this is kind of unrelated but in high school we would unplug our USB mice and plug them into the computer next to us and if you would move both mice the computer would crash.

This was on OS9 and the fruity flavored iMacs.

I would say go to Best Buy (or similar) and hook up 2 mice and 2 keyboards to one computer and see if it freezes. The dual monitor wont be anything special.

Yes it works fine. As mentioned though if both users are trying to use the mouse/keyboard at the same time it will get screwy test output and unexpected mouse movement.

Get a card that supports advanced multiple displays like the Nvidia quadro. You can setup cloned displays, so both uses see exactly the same thing. I have set this up where just seeing live streams of data for multiple users was more important than doing any input.

Back