• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My XP Pro Has Gone Weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Today I bought my mates ATI X800 XL off him and before I installed it I did a format with my old 6200 installed but did not install the drivers for it. I just used what XP gave best for a viewable screen. Once it had installed I then switched cards and installed the latest DX9, .Net FW 2 & The ATi 6.11 drivers.

I just updated my audio drivers from 4.42 to 4.62 and after a restart the x800 couldn't load it's own driver. I had to restart again find the driver for it and then restart again and it's back to normal. Also every driver I have is digitally signed but XP says they ain't and keeps asking do I want to stop or continue. And seems to ask for a disc even when I am installing a driver from a file I just downloaded of copied off my back-up driver DVD-R.

Back