• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista only sees one moniter on my GPU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infini

Hi,

I just upgraded to a 7950GT extreme edition from a 6800GT and in Vista I only sees one monitor + will not let me install the drivers ATM. Anyone have a similar problem and solution??

The newest nvidia drivers for vista have almost no features, other than resolution, refresh rate, and color. So I'm fairly certain that dual monitors are not supported by nvidia yet.

Although, there's always a chance for modified drivers to use it. But Vista prefers WHQL drivers. My suggestion is to just wait it out until nvidia releases some official drivers with actual features.

I've no idea about your issue with installing drivers though. Are you sure you know how to install them on Vista?

Hmmm, but Nvidia did support dual monitors with my 6800GT. So is it a GPU series issue??

I'm having a similar problem.. I installed beta vista drivers, but it doesn't detect my moniter, and it doesn't allow me to use my natural resolution 1440x900.

I'm on a GeForce 7900 GT.

LOL, try to refresh your Vista rating :) it went from 3 (I think) to 0

I use 2 monitors in Vista, no problems. Infact, i am using the stock drivers right now... but I have used the nvidia drivers in the past in Vista with no problems.

and?? do you you have any solutions for us?? What do you mean "stock" drivers. There are no Vista stock drivers so should I assume you mean the Win Xp drivers??

Back