• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Euroharp001

Registered
Am starting to put together a wish list for next year Wanna build core 2 duo (6300) with a ab9 pro board ..
Was just wondering on witch ram to plug in .
Thinkin two 1 gig sticks should be plenty (ddr2 800)
But witch brand works the best I read through the egg on some comments but everything was AMD 2 .

Thought G.skill at first but most only gave 4 stars .
Corsair XMS would be my next guess ..
I will OC 2 ..

Thanks 4 any info
:santa: :santa:

don't buy this board.. u will not like it... i'll guanraty u that... i've been with this board for 1 week... i'm about to throw it out the window.

Euroharp001 said:
Thought G.skill at first but most only gave 4 stars .

Hi ya Euroharp
What G.Skill ram are you talking about, if its the HZ I've only read good things about it (other than the price going up)
And it better be as mine gets here Monday :)

Edit: :welcome:

I wanted the Mushkin 996523 XP2-6400 DDR2 soooooo bad, but just cant get it here (NZ) or in Australia.
I'll just point out one thing about the Corsair TWIN2X2084-6400C4 as I've done a lot of reading b4 I handed over my money for the HZ. the set they use in that review are revision 1.2 and are using Micron d9 chips but then they went and changed them (this page will help http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44365) you will have very little luck finding Corsair TWIN2X2084-6400C4 revision 1.2 any where so there review counts for nothing imo.
And from what Ive read the new chips (Promos) they are using dont run any where near as good.

Last edited:
Thanks Deanzo, had a feeling that might be the case. tbh i'm not generally a great fan of corsair, the result suprised me a little, shouldn't be suprised.

Probably got about 9wks b4 i'm able 2 buy so the picture will probably changed again. I quiite fancy the Team ddr2 kits, have seen some good results over on xtreme forums.

luck:)

Thanks All

Thanks 4 all the good info about Ram :beer:

Huh what is wrong with the ab9pro that I should not buy it . Should I spring the extra cash and get the AW9D ???? Looked at Asus 2 But thought for thw money abit had better reviews except the Ram problems on boot but I figured that would be worked out pretty soon. I won´t start collecting the new parts till juli of next year!!! Just wanna be on the ball cuz this will be my first build for my self . But not first pc build..

I think you'll be happier with your results on the AW9D... The AB9 can be picky about its ram and CPU combos resulting in less than expected overclocks...

i wouldnt buy anything from newegg based solely on the customer reviews on there... it seems any and all retards frequent the reviews on there

Back