• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with desktop icons.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vx

hello fellow OC'ers!

its always better to explain with a screen shot so here it is:

w65604039.jpg

how would i go about removing the grey borders from the icons. I'm not sure what i did, but its been like for a month or so now. thank you in advance!

you have to set "use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop" in control panel > system > advanced tab > Performance Settings

splat said:
you have to set "use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop" in control panel > system > advanced tab > Performance Settings

yeah the weird thing is that i do have that checked. any other ideas?

EDIT: thanks for your time. I did a quick google search and found the resolution.

Last edited:
He probably had "Lock desktop items" checked, under Display Properties | "Desktop" tab | "Customize Desktop" button | "Web" tab. The "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" option won't have any effect if this is enabled.

redduc900 said:
He probably had "Lock desktop items" checked, under Display Properties | "Desktop" tab | "Customize Desktop" button | "Web" tab. The "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" option won't have any effect if this is enabled.

yes this was the resolution just uncheck "lock desktop items" and the shaded area around the icons should be gone!

Back