• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acrobat Reader Starts By It's Self

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

This thing is really baffling me Acrobat Reader 7 seems to start up in the background without me knowing. When I look at the loaded services in Task Manager Acrobat32.exe is loaded and I haven't opened up a PDF file infact it just started by it's self when I just updated Hereos Of Might & Magic 5.

Does this happen to anyone else or if there another low memory usage PDF reader out there better than AR7.

No I deleted the msconfig entry so that it wouldn't it even started up when I went to sign into Amazon.Co.Uk which I still didn't get why.

Its starting/watching when you run your browser. Its registered as a BHO(Browser Helper Object) If that bothers you download hijackthis and kill it off.
Or goto Tools|Manage Add-ons....in IE and disable it.

Yes that's sorted it cheers it wasn't doing my head in just was slowing my system down cause it was a unexpected load.

Back