• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG Please help - USB out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nevrsumr22

Man I don't know what the hel! I did but now my keyboard and mouse wont work (see Sig). I was messing with my motorola razr through USB and I think I removed a needed part in there. The computer was fine until a re-boot.

I'm on PS2 equipment now. I flashed my bios and ran the newest NFORCE4 software. Turned leagacy on, restored to Wenesday What next????

Should I run a XP repair from the CD or something?

Another hint is when the usb stuff is plugged in my keyboard lights flash on and off but then it hangs at the bios screen sometimes after a re-boot.

Oh man.

Thanks. I need a beer now.

I'd un-install all USB device listings under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager, then re-boot and let Windows re-install the devices/drivers. If that doesn't get it (some boards use their own drivers- mainly on Win2000), I'd run either the driver setup disk for your board or DL the newest version of drivers online.

No dice on removing all of the usb drivers. Rebooted then it found everything as well as an unknonw driver even though nothing is plugged in. If I plug in my keyboard it says problem with the device. I downloaded the drivers and it said plug in the keyboard to detect and I plug it in and nothing. Keys flash once or twice then nothing. Running full virus scan now.

Anyting else please really stuck here.

Well I think it's the motherboard. I flashed the bois eariler but still was having problems. Now I turn it on and get to the ASUS flash screen but it wont get past there or let me enter the setup. When I first turned it on today it was going to boot but I didn't have a keyboard plugged in so I re-booted then nothing. I tried single ram chips, pulling out all pci and unplugging all non essential parts.

Should I get a new MB and see or what else? How does ASUS handle things like this if that's the problem. Can I put in new chip?

edit - NE let me RMA the board so well see.

Last edited:
Back