• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ARG how do you get these files to work!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Okay.. so on my laptop I have my music folder.. And I have it shared so my desktop can play these files.. and I can play all the files but my new ones.. I recently added some more music to the folder and windows comes up with a "windows media player cannot access the file" error but its only for my new music.. anytrhing that iv had on there before hand works just fine.. anyone know how to work around this? I use windows media player on both machines too.. and both OS's are windows XP.

Reshare the folder, I'm thinking the new files are fully shared, and you don't have the rights to open/play them.

Arg, isnt working.. I unshared, rebooted, then reshared.. those certain files still wont work..

All the files are MP3s. And.. yeah.. I just tried that.. and that worked actually.. I made a new music folder.. moved all the files to it.. then shared it.. and all the files work.. Arg... I have to jump through so many hoops just to play music.

Back