• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe - Logitech Cordless Mouse Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Premmer

Just installed motherboard. System is not overclocked. Quite frequently mouse will not move when OS completes bootup. Has anyone seen this problem? Are there any BIOS parameters that would cause this prpblem if not set correctly?

Of course you've adjusted the placement of the receiver? And tried other usb ports?
I have the logitech cordless mx1000 and the mx700 keyboard with no problems. Exept for the placement of the receiver.

there are various "legasy" usb adjustments in the Bios, dont know what they do, but that is what they are there for mosly.
also there is often adjustments in the DEVICE MANAGER for USB items, like you can change the "power" settings for it. there are some USB devices that were improved on other boards, by adjusting those properties.

also, windows updates can fail to install the update for a USB under certian conditions, check in the device manager, then bring up the properties for all the aspects of the USB parts and pieces, and look at each ITEM in the drivers section.
are they SP1 drivers? SP2 drivers?
i discovered this when looking at SP instalation logs, where it says , something like item is changed, and so therfore windows does not update that item. its minimally discussed anywhere, so i assume it is uncommon, but it might be worth checking, as MANY usb updates have been done by MS in XP to address things.

Premmer said:
Just installed motherboard. System is not overclocked. Quite frequently mouse will not move when OS completes bootup. Has anyone seen this problem? Are there any BIOS parameters that would cause this prpblem if not set correctly?

Logitech Bluetooth, or other?

I gave up on my Bluetooth setup, worked fine on another computer, just not my main. It would just stop working, mouse and keyboard, and continue to not work until I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL the software/drivers.

Back