• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Assement Tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The point is that you can use this software to see how well a system will like Vista. Maybe thats useless to you but alot of people might like to know.

No, its not useless... well wait, I know what it will and wont support...

My only reason I asked cause you didnt give any explination to people who might not know what a "Vista Assesment Tool" does...

In teh best tab it says my video card would need to be upgraded, but when i read the requirements it meets them all, it even said so on the recommended page...strange...but wtv, I already tried vista out and it ran great

Yeah... but people are too stupid to realize some things...

Heres the short down

1.X Ghz or higher
75 GB HD
Direct X 9 video card with Pixel shader 2.0
512 MB or more memory...

Outside that, look up your mobo manufacturer and any add-on cards you have and you should be golden.

Currently allot of the HTPC Drivers are in Beta, and I havent heard much about Vista Media Center Eddition... So I will sit back for that one...

As far as my gaming rig... BRING IT ON!

hehe
Mike

Man I don't know if I can run it, seems to advanced for my system "looks over at the build of my vista" ummm ya :) I totally beat out there "best" tab by far expecially my CPU even at 3.0Ghz its rated at 4.5Ghz on the test!

Video Card
Best: 256 MB 100% DirectX 9 graphic card with Pixel Shader 3.0 hardware support (ATI Radeon X1800 series or better)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra (GeForce 6800 Ultra)
Sorry, your video card does not meet this requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 256.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

:( ? WTF?????

nVidia's 6800 sieres card was the first to put in SM3.0 but it was shotty. So you'd need the 7xxx series.

Xtreme Barton said:
^
i thought that had to do with a buggy bios... <---- no ??

That would be my guess behind it, hence why it was saying X1k seires or equivelent.

Sure enough the new system passes "best" tests. I too noticed this:

You Have: 2.39 (gotta get a cooler so i can oc this bad boy) GHz Performance Rated at 3.59.

Could this be an official AMD rating of a core 2 duo compared to an X2 setup?

IE, A64 @ 3.59ghz= C2D @ 2.39ghz?

Speciale said:
Sure enough the new system passes "best" tests. I too noticed this:

You Have: 2.39 (gotta get a cooler so i can oc this bad boy) GHz Performance Rated at 3.59.

Could this be an official AMD rating of a core 2 duo compared to an X2 setup?

IE, A64 @ 3.59ghz= C2D @ 2.39ghz?

Definatly not, it has to be paired againast an old intel setup. Daul core AMD setup should have a comparison around 2.75Ghz for a stock 2.4Ghz E6600.

Back