• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Overclock Settings for 6300 on a 965P-DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BluScreen

Registered
I've had some strange glitches/artifacts all over my screen during cold boots through two seperate Gigabyte boards by now, so I was wondering if it was my overclock settings. The motherboard is *very* picky about overclock settings, so I'm just happy that it actually boots at all. My settings aarreeeeeeeeee.....

366 FSB
7x CPU multiplier
2.0 mem multiplier
+.1v to the DDR2
+.1v to the FSB
CPU voltage set at 1.418v

Everything else is set as it would be by default. As you can see, I don't want anything really tough on the computer, but I still wouldn't call it a modest overclock. These settings get me around 2.56 ghz. I'm aiming for anything between 2.5 and 2.8...
If anybody has any settings that seem to be working great for them, please let me know! Hell, as long as it's under 3.4 or whatever, I'm sure I could try them for a few days and just see if that's the problem.

Thanks!

BluScreen said:
I've had some strange glitches/artifacts all over my screen during cold boots through two seperate Gigabyte boards by now, so I was wondering if it was my overclock settings. The motherboard is *very* picky about overclock settings, so I'm just happy that it actually boots at all. My settings aarreeeeeeeeee.....

366 FSB
7x CPU multiplier
2.0 mem multiplier
+.1v to the DDR2
+.1v to the FSB
CPU voltage set at 1.418v

Everything else is set as it would be by default. As you can see, I don't want anything really tough on the computer, but I still wouldn't call it a modest overclock. These settings get me around 2.56 ghz. I'm aiming for anything between 2.5 and 2.8...
If anybody has any settings that seem to be working great for them, please let me know! Hell, as long as it's under 3.4 or whatever, I'm sure I could try them for a few days and just see if that's the problem.

Thanks!

This is my setup on a stock CPU fan

FSB = 414 (rated FSB=1656)
ratio = 7
cpu = 2897mhz
Memory Freq = 828
cpu voltage = 1.35 (60c full load with 2x Prime 95)
FSB / DRAM = 1:1
5-5-5-12 timings

I think your CPU voltage is to high, how hot does your PC run?

I think it's too high, too. I've since lowered it to about 1.35.... what you have. Seems to have not changed anything. The computer runs decently, if I can figure out what's causing strange glitched artifacts all over the screen at every cold boot, that would be nice.

Back