• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

danger den fillport

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nachosyumm

I was recently refilling my loop and when i removed the plug to my danger den fillport it was very hard. When i eventually got it out i found corrosion on the plug.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, is their any way to fix it?

I had the exact same thing happen. I ditched the DD fillport and got an all delrin one off of Ebay. Petrastechshop has them also.

It's much more cost effective to simply use a threaded pipe coupler and a threaded plug. People rarely mount the T-Line end to their case panel so unless you plan to do so a DD fillport or other such cosmetically extragent extras are unneeded. Mcmaster and other plumbing supply sources will have everything you need to throw together a simple fillport.

For 1/4" NPT get Mcmaster parts
50785K92 - Med-Pressure Extruded Brass Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/4" Pipe Size, Hex Coupling, 7/8" Length = $1.51 ea
50785K22 - Med-Pressure Extruded Brass Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/4" Pipe Size, Hollow Hex-Head Plug = $0.70 ea

Or just use a threaded cap
50785K162 - Med-Pressure Extruded Brass Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/4" Pipe Size, Cap = $1.24

For G1/4" get Mcmaster parts
4978K132 - BSPT Low-Pressure Bronze Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/4" Pipe Size, Coupling, 59/64" Length = $2.85 ea
4860K126 - Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting 1/4" O-Ring Plug, Nickel-Plated, BSPP Threads = $3.34 ea

Or just use a threaded cap
4810T172 - BSPT Low-Pressure 304 Ss Thrd Pipe Fitting 1/4" Pipe Size, Cap, 150 PSI = $3.03

Then simply use whatever barbed tube fitting you want with the parts you decide on using.

Last edited:
Even better, for under $10 total, grab a brass barb (whatever size) -> 3/8" NPT thread converter, and then a female pipe cap. Looks kinda ghetto, but it looks good if it's shiny. As well as cheap.

its weird though, how does it get corroded if it is not in contact with the fuild?

could i possibly just replace the plug. I like my shiny fillport on the top of my case. I have no way to measure the threads, so if anyone knows what they are it would be greatly appreciated.

Why would you go through the trouble of putting some ghetto fillport together for about 10-$15 when you can order a Delrin one from ebay for about $12 shipped? That doesn't make sense to me.

You should be able to take the thread to an ACE hardware or such and have them match the thread for you.

voigts said:
Why would you go through the trouble of putting some ghetto fillport together for about 10-$15 when you can order a Delrin one from ebay for about $12 shipped? That doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah, but you have a wooden case so obviously you're weird.

OT, all three of my DD fillports exhibited corrosion on the steel plug.
I bought some Delrin ports from Petra's to eliminate that issue, then ended up not using a fillport at all.
Go figure.

clocker2 said:
Yeah, but you have a wooden case so obviously you're weird.

OT, all three of my DD fillports exhibited corrosion on the steel plug.
I bought some Delrin ports from Petra's to eliminate that issue, then ended up not using a fillport at all.
Go figure.

And "I" am the one that is weird?

My first rig (in mid 2000) had a fillport of sorts that I made myself.
I just used a nylon male NPT to 1/2" barb as the body of the port, and mounted it through a hole in the top of my case.
I used an electrical nut (the kind that's used with conduit fittings on junction boxes) to tighten it in place. The threads aren't a perfect match, but was darned close to the 1/2" NPT threads.
A simple brass female pipe cap topped it off, all shined up purty like.

Of course DD doesn't give me any credit for inventing it, but since they make theirs out of aluminum, I don't think I want the credit. ;)

I had the same issue with a fill port corroding. I just went to home depot and bought a plastic plug that I stuck in the end of the tube.

Diggrr said:
My first rig (in mid 2000) had a fillport of sorts that I made myself.
I just used a nylon male NPT to 1/2" barb as the body of the port, and mounted it through a hole in the top of my case.
I used an electrical nut (the kind that's used with conduit fittings on junction boxes) to tighten it in place. The threads aren't a perfect match, but was darned close to the 1/2" NPT threads.
A simple brass female pipe cap topped it off, all shined up purty like.

Of course DD doesn't give me any credit for inventing it, but since they make theirs out of aluminum, I don't think I want the credit. ;)

Exactly what I do. Much cheaper, faster, and easier. :)

voigts said:
Why would you go through the trouble of putting some ghetto fillport together for about 10-$15 when you can order a Delrin one from ebay for about $12 shipped?
Everything I listed was at most $8 total. If you just use a pipe cap on a barbed fitting then the end cost is the barbed fitting plus $0.80
Plumbing parts are not that difficult to shop for once you figure out what parts are named what.

you guys are going way to unghetto.

seriously get a lighter, 25c from local store, and melt the top of the t-line into a blob, sealed, easy ;)

Phrenetical said:
you guys are going way to unghetto.

seriously get a lighter, 25c from local store, and melt the top of the t-line into a blob, sealed, easy ;)

LMAO, thats going in my sig :beer:

Back