• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolkit Elite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

Some of you may have seen my thread that i created a few days ago.
I have finally decided on buying Petra's coolkit elite: http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecoel.html

i was doing some research on the Black Ice GT Stealth and noticed it had a relatively high FPI (30). At the same time, I read a guide that said any rad with an FPI higher than 25 would benefit largely from 38mm thick fans. The fans included with Petra's coolkit package are 25mm fans. I would be picking up the Yate Loon D12SM-12 (70.5 cfm, 33dBa).

but, I already have a Panaflo 120mm Ultra highspeed which is already a 38mm fan and pushes a great deal of air. Would I see any performance gains by using the Panaflo over the Yates?

I agree with hitby. With an FPI like that more CFM and static pressure (which the 38mm fan will provide over the 25mm) the better.

Back