• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIX3 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

i was just thinking about this as i need to re-do my loop soon (add 2nd pump, and possibly quiet system down a bit). Lets say i have this setup
On front of case i have 3 yate-loons D12SL's pushing air through the BIX3 (46CFM each), and on the other side of the rad i have 3 (with or without spacers in between) Delta WFB1212M's (75~CFM per) pulling the air through, would that be better than just having 6 yates or 6 delta's? (performance vs sound wise i mean).

the neighbours complain about my computers loudness, so i was going to go with 6 yates, or 3 and 3. just curious what would be best.

i figure with the deltas they would help pull more air through the rad compaired to the yates, AND they would cool down the rest of the case better than the yates

anyone got an opinion on this?

Your neighbors can hear three 75CFM fans, three 46CFM fans, and a pump... through a case and a wall? Those fans are what, 30-someodd and 20-someodd decibels a piece? That's ludicrous; what do they say when you use an air conditioner, or when your refrigerator's compressor turns on?

If they're going to be anal like that, I'd say that the deltas on a fan controller would be your best bet.

i was joking... and its 6 of those deltas, 1 sunon, 2x80mm...

my parents hate the noise, and i hate having to crank everything loud so i can hear it over the fans

i wouldnt use different CFM fans, if you push less air into a rad then its pulling out then its only ever exhausting what the low cfm put into it.

46 push 75 pull, the extra CFM on the pull is wasted its not going to magically accelerate the 46CFM fans or get air that doesnt exist into the rad. What you put in is whats coming out.

you'd be better off just with pulling air through it with the high cfm's, or using 6 low cfm fans with all the same CFM for push/pull.

but most people here who have tried push pull configs say that it does almost nothing for temps. 1-2 degree's max depending on where your rad is. Im not sure its worth the extra power drain of 3 120mm fans or the wiring.

If some noise is not an issue to you, then just go with the Deltas on a fan controller pulling air through. There really is no need to go with six fans unless you just want to. You will see very little difference if any using 6 over 3. If you do this however, you need to match your fans on both sides so that the same cfm pushing is being pulled through for even airflow.

thanks guys, ill probably end up going with 3 deltas on the pull config, as i want alot of CFM goin through the case, and dont think the 3 yates would cool efficently enough

Back