• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are they?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

I also would surely like to know also. Ive put off my Intel build in hopes of AMD comeing up with Something, ANYTHING! According to there Press room, The dang things are supposedly around. But Where??????

SUNNYVALE, CALIF. -- December 5, 2006 --Launching the next generation of energy-efficient computing, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the transition to 65nm process technology, beginning with the immediate availability of energy-efficient AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core desktop processors. The move to 65nm process technology enables AMD to produce more processors on a 300mm wafer, for increased production capacity, while continuing to aggressively scale performance and reduce power consumption. AMD processors built with 65nm line-widths are designed to deliver exceptional performance when running multiple applications, as well as enable small form factor PCs that complement both home and office environments. By mid-2007, AMD expects to be fully converted to 65nm production at Fab 36. With the rapid conversion to 65nm process technology, AMD is scaling capacity intelligently to meet growing demand worldwide for x86 processors.

“With AMD’s established leadership in desktop and server performance-per-watt, both businesses and consumers can benefit greatly from our energy-efficient AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processors,” said Bob Brewer, corporate vice president, Desktop Division, AMD. “Customers continue to demand solutions that focus on low-power consumption and quieter operation. AMD is responding by increasing manufacturing efficiency to deliver on the next generation of energy-efficient desktop processors, enabling OEMS to innovate using highly reliable AMD64 processors and without compromising performance.”
Thats just a sampeling of there press release on Dec. 5th, you know, the day we were suppose to see the New chips hit the market.

I cant imaging what kind of loss AMD will post for this last quarter, Especially when it posted such a loss after aquireing ATI last time. Its becomeing VERY hard to stay loyal to a company who keeps making empty promises. From what i remember, Fab 36 was converted long ago for 65nm, so whats the hold up?

On a side note, Wheres the New DX10 cards? Why are there no leaked Specs? Even sample cards? I Mean alls we have gotten is a Picture of the new GPU only? I dont know, But i think i need a lifejacket, I might just be on a sinking ship!

Harry
/

AMD's 65nm processors are somewhat sparse right now. But at the same time they are not much different from the 90nm AM2 chips. For now I would actually wait for AMD's K8L to come out. Your best bet is to go with a core 2 and yummy DDR 2 memory. Thats your best bet, unless you want to wait till mid to late next year for the K8L.

c2d is for sure the best thing right now :) no t faming or anything but all amd has is the x2 to compete with the c2d and thats it.

Back