• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AA8 Duramax BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

On my project rig using an Abit AA8 Duramax board and an Intel 2.8ghz 520 P4. I bumped it up to 3.2ghz and ran stress all day with no errors. I have the latest BIOS available (v. 26 I think). After running it at this speed I shut it down and unplugged it. After a few days unplugged I went to restart it and found that the BIOS reverted to default settings.
No big deal really just input the settings I want and it was up and running again. However I would like to sell this rig after I finish modding the case and I can't sell it if it reverts to default as it loses the RAID config and resets the date and time etc... I think if I sell it the buyer should be able to power it up and have Windows start, not have to enter the BIOS and reset things.
So what causes the BIOS to revert to default like this? I do not move the jumper to the "clear CMOS" pins. Is it the battery? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks -Jim

yup...it was the battery. I put a new one for the price of $3 and it holds the settings for me. I will leave it unplugged for a week or more and see if it still holds. Thanks for the reply

Back