• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5ND2-SLI Deluxe OC/BIOS Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

golfking222

I'm new to these forums, but hope to be on here more often. Thanks in advance.

I am using a P5ND2-SLI Deluxe MB with a Pentium 4 650 w/ HT. The MB should be capable of OC'ing, but I've been reading around and it seems like the latest BIOS, version 0802 resets all changes you've made to the OC'ing features in the BIOS when windows is booted up. My computer doesn't have a floppy disk drive and I'm trying to flash my BIOS back to 0702 with a CD. I read this thing that told me to use DrDos/Caldera-DOS and burn my BIOS and AWDFlash to it. I tried to do that and managed to burn a CD. I restarted and Caldera-DOS booted up. It gave me the prompt A:\>. Now I'm not exactly sure what to do. I tried typing in AWDFlash, but it gave me an error message. Then I tried switching to B: so I typed in B: and it gave me a read error message then the three options "Abort, Retry, Fail". I tried every drive so like C:, D:, E:, etc. But everything after B: would so unavailable drive specified, or something like that.

So, if anybody has an answer on how to flash the BIOS with a CD could you either explain it here or give me a link to something that explains how to do it. Thanks in advance.

You need to make sure the BIOS file is on the CD as well along with the AWDFLASH file.

To flash the BIOS you'd type AWDFLASH <biosfilename>

Example: AWDFLASH P5N0702.ROM

That filename is a guess, but that's the format you'd type it in.

K, so I should just type that into the A:/> prompt? I'll try that now. Will post up results. So I'm using awdflash and the BIOS file is 0702.bin. This would mean I type in awdflash 0702.bin right?

If you're booting off the CD itself, then you should already be at the A:\ prompt. Just type the AWDFLASH <biosname> command.

Take note, though, if you see any message during the boot up process about assigning a drive letter to the CDROM drive. If it says something about C: or D: assigned to the CDROM, then your BIOS files might be located on that "drive" instead. Just type C: or D: <enter> and then the AWDFLASH <biosname>.

Well, I tried using the A prompt and it didn't work. When I typed in AWDFLASH 0708.bin it said filename whatever not recognized. I tried the dir *.bin command and it said there were 0 files with .bin extension. I tried B and it said the read error again. I'm wondering if it would be possible to boot off a removable flash drive, USB Key for example.

Meh, same exact result :(. Maybe it's the way I'm burning them or the disks themselves? I'm using NERO and making a bootable CD and using the drdos.img and putting the AWDFLASH.exe and 0708.bin onto it. Then proceeding to burn it. Dunno what's going on. I think it has something to do with the B: error thing, cuz on every other drive I try it says there is non, but for A: it works and for B: there's a read error.

My guess is that your CD is booting from a plain jane DOS setup without CDROM support (I know that sounds goofy).

Have you tried putting the BIOS file on a Flashdrive and using the BIOS's built-in flash program? I think it's access with ALT-F2 at POST time, make sure the flashdrive is plugged in when you turn the system on.

The built in Flash program may also allow access to a CDROM drive as well.

That did the job, used the Flash Program and BIOS from CD. Although when I first booted up it gave me all this new hardware detected and IDE errors and stuff. Still doesn't say the thing is OC'd so maybe I need an even older BIOS version. Gonna reboot and see what happens.

Well I rebooted and in the BIOS it said the CPU was around 3.8, but when I used CPU-Z it showed it at default 3.4 and the memory ratio at 6:10

w00t! This time it's fo rizzle!!! Flashed it again to 0605 and it's finally sticking CPU-Z is giving me 3995MHz 235 x 17

Back