• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI WCing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I'm going to be putting 2 7900GTX cards on an Abit NI8 SLI mobo. From reading it seems that the maze4s will fit these cards but I'm worried about the interference with the backside mounting hardware from the card in slot 2 hitting the card in slot one.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Danger den makes a low profile maze 4 block for SLI setups. It includes low profile mounting hardware. Check out there site. If you have problems finding the item just use the contact page and tell them what you want, and they will fix you up.

I got the low profile versions of the Maze4's for SLI on my DFI SLI-DR. The SLI slots are so close together that the lower block was STILL too tall, so I ditched the backing plate, used a dremel to cut off the end of the mounting screws a bit, and then just screwed it straight onto the card without the backing board. Never had any issues with it.

ABIT is usually pretty good with this sort of thing, it shouldn't be a problem if you have the low profile version.

lol I know for sure on am AN8-32x that I can't watercool both. I have one on air and one water cooled.

Gonna pull the trigger on the DD blocks then and see.

I think the DDs have a higher flow rating so thus the choice by me.

QuietIce said:
I know you didn't ask about them but the Swiftech MCW60 takes up no more room than the stock cooling fan & heatsink ...
MCW60 take the slot directly below the PCI-E. On my 7800 GT's on my Asus A8N32-SLI D I only have 1 PCI slot open using MCW60's! I don't know if the DD blocks make the card a single slot card or not but I would guess most water blocks are going to make cards double slot cards.

Back