• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Credit card declined

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymNA

Placed my order at svcompucycle.com for the Pal8045 hsf (for the xp1600 - my gf computer), got an email back saying my credit card had been declined, oh well got everything together and need a hsf, so I went to compusa to get myself a cheapo hs to use for the moment. And now I got a shipment from svcompucycle with my order in it... am I suppose to be happy or mad? e-mail them and ask why but stll no answer.:mad:

Should I send it back or use it? the current crap hs takes the xp to 51c at regular load (installing stuff)...and the new sink is the Pal8045 so it's a pain to take out the mobo to mount the sink.

The cheapo HSF isn't really good enough. Might as well keep the PAL-8045. Removing mainboards is a pain--at least the PAL-8045 is a good deal for its cost! And she'll have bragging rights, too. "My boyfriend is the best!" Can that hurt?

I'd keep it.

Some companies will continue to process your order by attempting to run your card up to 3 more times. They should indicate that in the email they sent you however. I would be upset over that if they didn't mention trying to re-run the card again...could put you in a bind.

thanks for the replys guys
Well, they e-mail me saying that the credit card had been decline and tell me to contact them, and I didn't cuz I am new to this credit card declining thing and didn't know that they'll try again. my fault i think.

Just their email today saying that they'll give me the full refund. Currently it's runing without any other fan beside the hsf, I'll put in a harddrive fan and a case fan to see if the temp drop, if it won't, i'll keep the 8045.

Last edited:
hey try and make them a deal. tell them you already got another or something and see if you can get it at a discount

Back