• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second Thought

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcll2002

I've been watercooling my rig for a few months and im starting to realize that my temps may be off. I look around the forums and see people with the same ambient temps with far cooler temps than what i have.

For example, right now my temps are

ambient- ~21c
idle- ~31c
load- 39c

Im using ceramique as my TIM. Am i just paranoid or is there something else i could do?

this is what im using btw if for some reason you cant see my sig because i cant see it ;) http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-Apex-Ultra-H20-220-pr-3198.html

what are you using to read the temps? I know my ASUS probe reads an idle of 30c while coretemp puts out 23c. No matter what, my asus probe wont go below 30c

smart guardian. everest home reads about 15c higher for my cpu. its weird.

coretemp reads 29-33c

btw those are idle temps

Last edited:
Speedfan shows mine at 26C, and coretemp shows 17C, so yeah, there's a difference in the programs you use.
The 17C seams more likely correct since my water is 10C and the case temp is 13C according to my Aerogate thermister probes.

(My rad's down in the basement, my temps will not even be like yours)

The only way to know what your temp actully is is to put a probe on your dia, but i dont see what you're worried about. Your temps are very good. Just remember that most people are listing temps read from their motherboard or on chip sensor. these numbers can both be altered with something as simple as a bios flash.
So, if your comp isnt on fire and locking up. You're probably in the clear ^^;

My advice is turn off the stupid speedfan and coretemp temperature monitors unless your OC'n/benching

My reasoning: It will never be as cold as you would like it to be, the more you look at tmps, the more you will wind up spending chasing a few degree's less.

Seriously unless its seriously affecting your pc's performance, just start disregarding those temp info tools, they cant really be trusted anyway.

Phrenetical said:
My advice is turn off the stupid speedfan and coretemp temperature monitors unless your OC'n/benching

My reasoning: It will never be as cold as you would like it to be, the more you look at tmps, the more you will wind up spending chasing a few degree's less.

Seriously unless its seriously affecting your pc's performance, just start disregarding those temp info tools, they cant really be trusted anyway.
:thup:

Back