• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wrong "Date Taken" in photograph meta-data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

I was recently taking pics with my digital camera over Thanksgiving and happened to change my batteries and charged them overnight. I put the charged batteries in the next day and took some more pictures and only too late remembered that if you leave the batteries out long enough, the camera will lose the current date and time information and you must reset it.

So, now I have a bunch a pictures with the wrong Date Taken in the meta-data of my .jpgs . Is there any software out there that will easily allow one to change the Date Taken entry? I sort my photos by date and time to correspond with events in my planner and this just screws up my system entirely.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've got ACDSee 7.0 as my default image viewer and one of its options is to change the date in an image's metadata. I had never used it before, so I just tried it and it changed the date OK, but I didn't see any way to change the time info--it stayed the same.

If your image viewer/editor doesn't allow this, take a look at the image apps on shareware sites. You should be able to find a free or demo app to do this--no reason to buy something if you only need it once.

Back