• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP clock and date malfunction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoliani

I recently updated the chipset driver for my motherboard.
I don't know if it has something to do with it but ever since my win clock and date have been stopping and been set back to older dates and other clock time.
Does the motherboard battery have anything to do with the clock? My board is now 4 years old. Also when I turn off the computer all power is cut off from central source so there is no power that can reach the motherboard, if this have anything to do with the battery working full and and discharged itself.

North Bridge VIA VT8754 Apollo P4X400
, I think also my motherboard uses AGP V3.0 as standard. But the spec is saying that my P4X400 can use "VIA Hyperion Pro Driver Package" the one I downloaded supporting AGP V4.60A.

So I got the old driver the 4 in 1 driver "Retro chipset VIA 4in1 drivers" from 2001, but I still have the clock and date issue.

Motherboard: Soltek SL-85ERV(-L)/ERV2(-L)

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070

Back