• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aw9D Max Memory & overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vento1

I have had this board for 5 days now, (the rig is in my signature) at first i was disappointed with it but may be i was a little hasty in my judgement. It started to reboot every 4 hrs so i kept upping vcore and vmch made no diference upped the voltage on my memory to 2.25 same again then i thought well if it wont stay running with the loosened timmings i had on the memory i might as well set them at there default instead of 5,5,5,15 which it ran on my asus board i set 4,4,4,12 it has stopped rebooting so far has run 32hrs no problems at 386mhz fsb if i change my memory timmings away from spec it either locks up or starts rebooting. In twenty years of messing with computers i have never come across anything so fussy with memory also i have found that 2.25 volts for my memory seems to be its sweet spot. The memory i have is 1 gig OCZ platinum Tomorrow i will increase fsb by 1mhz to 387 if no probs i will keep going until it locks up.

I had the exact same problem with my AW9D-MAX. I run the G.Skill 1000mhz at stock timings 4,4,4,5 and if I deviate from them too much (6,6,6,9) it won't even post.

Thideras

Back