• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think of this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djtroy

Registered
FSB = 412 (rated FSB=1648)
ratio = 7
cpu = 2883mhz
Memory Freq = 824
cpu voltage = 1.34 (60c full load with 2x Prime 95)
FSB / DRAM = 1:1
5-5-5-12 timings

Thats my setup on a Intel E6300, Gigabyte DS3, PQI Turbo DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667, Hipro 600w PSU,
This is all on the stock cpu fan, any advice on this setup since this is my first overclock attempt. please fill me in on what you guys think of my overclocks.

its a great overclock almost 1 full GHZ over stock, but this is on the stock fan? My god your ears must be bleeding and your temps must be high.

dicecca112 said:
its a great overclock almost 1 full GHZ over stock, but this is on the stock fan? My god your ears must be bleeding and your temps must be high.

The stock fan only speeds up when I put a load on it and even then you can barely hear it. My cpu hits 55-60c underload. Is this ok or is that too hot? How hot can those chips go and be safe?

I want to benchmark it so bad but whats the industry standard out there???

UPDATE - I ran 2 instences of Super PI on each core and ran the 1m test at 23 seconds,
I ran the 8m test in 4:23

Last edited:
dicecca112 said:
wow, 60 at load is not bad at all. You get some good cooling on that baby and its gonna fly

Ok now check this out. I figured out the 120mm fans in my case have speed switches on them and they were all set to low. I set them all to high now my case is a bit louder but not that much. I also added a 120mm fan right in the center of the case to help the airflow now look.....

2940 mhz
1.38 volts
mem frequency = 840mhz
Still gets up to 55-60c under full load with 2 prime95's running

I think Ill call it quits here. I have overvolted it quite a bit from stock.

i think im jealous, thats what... lol my DS3 (yes, e6300) wont run higher than like 360fsb or so... and if i overvolt the northbridge it overheats cause of gigabytes crappy passive cooler.

4585 isn't really that bad in 06 depending on what gfx card you have. Also 1.38 volts isn't that bad at all but I commend you for being cautious about it! Again congrats on some great OCing!!!

~jtjuska

jtjuska said:
4585 isn't really that bad in 06 depending on what gfx card you have. Also 1.38 volts isn't that bad at all but I commend you for being cautious about it! Again congrats on some great OCing!!!

~jtjuska

I got a xfx 7900 gt Nvidia

I just realized that this thing will run these overclocks with no overvoltage to the CPU. I have been decreasing the voltage and it has been running totally stable. Im back to stock voltage settings, CRAZY

Last edited:
Back