• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS 650i @ Zipzoomfly.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd be pretty happy with 500mhz FSB from a $150 SLI board...even if it is 8x/8x SLI. I thought the FSB options were limited to 412 mhz on this board? How did you get around that Assasi? Is there a version of clockgen for the chipset?

Assasi has a 680i not a 650i, and 500 FSB is nothing to be ashamed of. My P5W caps out at 429 FSB no matter how much voltage I pump through it. I plan on getting the DFI ICFX3200-TR2/G next though, that one anandtech got to like 510 FSB which is wayy overkill for my E6600 and water cooling.

~jtjuska

PS hope to see some results of people that go with the 650i ;)

If you go to ASUS' website and read the specs on the board it says the FSB is limited to 412.5 so unless there are some bios updates right around the corner you won't see 500FSB for awhile with this mobo.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
My first ASUS board,

Crap customer support and the on board audio is horrible, FSB on my one craps out at 500mhz

Go with the EVGA 680i instead

500fsb is nice keep the mobo and buy a soundcard

sofarfrome said:
If you go to ASUS' website and read the specs on the board it says the FSB is limited to 412.5 so unless there are some bios updates right around the corner you won't see 500FSB for awhile with this mobo.
with my D that still like 5.7 GHz :confused:

ChinStrap said:
with my D that still like 5.7 GHz :confused:

Yes but many are looking for 500+ FSB to OC the snot out of the lower multiplier CPUs and then there are those on phase and dice that really go bonkers on the OC and will need the higher FSB. Since the release of the 680i chipset many are begging for 600+ FSB out of their mobos.

Since someone here already hit 500 FSB with this mobo perhaps the 412.5 FSB info on ASUS' website is inaccurate.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
My first ASUS board,

Crap customer support and the on board audio is horrible, FSB on my one craps out at 500mhz

Go with the EVGA 680i instead

So the FSB setting will go to 500 and beyond?

that review by anandtech is sweet.

plus it has 2xide channels so that is 4 drives.

all the 965 chipset mobos have 1xide channels only two drives.

right now i have 3 wd hard drives i want to bring over to my new build, plus a new pata dvd burner comin. sata optical drives are a rip so this mobo is lookin very nice.

I want to see some more boards based on the 650i first. In particular I'd like to see one with better vdroop. This Asus board is certainly alot better value than the 680i boards though.

Back