• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixing Metals....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmbraSprite

Registered
Ok...

Just about to set up my first loop. I have kept everything to copper and brass but wanted a flow meter and ended up with the (http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--49...lo w_Indicator) which much to my dismay...I find is aluminum. I am using Fluid XP as coolant.

So...as Fluid XP is non-conductive will that prevent the "battery" effect which would result from having the aluminum flow meter in line or should I just find myself another?

If so...anyone have suggestions for a nice one that works with 1/2 tubing?

You ended up with perfume as a flow indicator?
Just return the flowmeter and get a different one. Fluid XP does inhibit galvanic and electrolytic corrosion, but just don't risk ruining the components of your loop if you can avoid it.

Ssshhh.
Not so loud Cap'n, it's too close to Christmas!

I'd skip using it too. I just don't believe in salesman's claims of corrosion inhibition.
When it's all said and done, the salesman is not the one that's gonna kill a weekend cleaning, flushing, and replacing parts...even if you do succeed in wrestling a warranty return check out of them (which is also doubtful).

:welcome: to the Forums!

Last edited:
Perfect if it fits 1/2 diameter without too much pressure loss. I am not familiar with the mm conversion to diameter. What diameter is 6-11mm ID?

Thanks!

Back