• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista not connecting to net?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

I just loaded Vista RTM onto my new machine. It's pulling an address from the Comcast router, but it's not receiving packets. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips that I can try to get this machine online? Setup is in signature, and it's a Comcast router with Comcast cable for service. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Its not doing anything? I could access a few websites during initial install but you'll need the updated lan drivers that will fix it.

Soooooo Comcast thought it'd be a great idea to install a "Standby" button on the modem. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I'm a dumbass. LOL thanks for your help! :)

masitti said:
Soooooo Comcast thought it'd be a great idea to install a "Standby" button on the modem. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I'm a dumbass. LOL thanks for your help! :)

LOL I have been a victim of that as well... Its so stupid! I ended up calling my provider and they said to press the button and it worked. What a useless button.

LOL standby... I remember that button on my modem I rented. Find it funny ones you rent have it, ones you buy don't. PITA. Guess its nice for security reasons, wanting the PC on but no connection. If its easy to get to that is.

Back