• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please check my WC setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashikaa

Registered
This is how I am going to set up my Water Cooling system. Anything wrong here?

wcyy6.gif

Thanks,
Ash

You'll need to fill the t-line to the top, then run the pump to get any air-bubbles out, then fill the t-line to the top again, continue to run, over and over until the entire loop is full. Also, make sure your pump never runs on empty, thats basically the easiest way to grind up the internals.

Happy OC'ing!

P.S. To run the pump but not the computer, put the pump 4-pin molex on (if its a DC pump), and then take your 20 or 24 pin atx connector, and run a wire from the green wire to any of the black wires. Thiss will start the powersupply. Also make sure nothing else is connected to the PSU.

4od said:
You'll need to fill the t-line to the top, then run the pump to get any air-bubbles out, then fill the t-line to the top again, continue to run, over and over until the entire loop is full. Also, make sure your pump never runs on empty, thats basically the easiest way to grind up the internals.

Happy OC'ing!

P.S. To run the pump but not the computer, put the pump 4-pin molex on (if its a DC pump), and then take your 20 or 24 pin atx connector, and run a wire from the green wire to any of the black wires. Thiss will start the powersupply. Also make sure nothing else is connected to the PSU.

How much water is enough ? Or just fill till the system is full ?

dsc00277uv0.jpg

Last edited:
What you have looks fine. the only thing you need to keep in mind is that if air is in the loop, it is going to gather at the top of the rad since you have no way to bleed the top of the rad out. You can completely fill and bleed the setup outside of the computer like you have it so that you can tilt the rad barbs up to get any trapped air out and then install it, or you could mount the rad with the barbs on top instead of on bottom, or you can just tilt your entire case onto its front from time to time to make sure any trapped air works out of the rad.

Even when it appears to be full, tiny air bubbles will take a few days to work out.

voigts said:
What you have looks fine. the only thing you need to keep in mind is that if air is in the loop, it is going to gather at the top of the rad since you have no way to bleed the top of the rad out. You can completely fill and bleed the setup outside of the computer like you have it so that you can tilt the rad barbs up to get any trapped air out and then install it, or you could mount the rad with the barbs on top instead of on bottom, or you can just tilt your entire case onto its front from time to time to make sure any trapped air works out of the rad.

Even when it appears to be full, tiny air bubbles will take a few days to work out.

Thank you. Now I see the system is full but there are alot small bubbles along the tube and the water flow is pushing them out. Anyway this is only leaking test. I find out leaking where the barb goes in water block. Should I buy silicon glue?

What speed of mcp655 should I set ? I am using speed 3 and it is completely silent.

I have 2 questions:

1. After leaking test, I refill the system and the pump is so noisy. It was silent after 4 hours in test. Where is the reason? How can I make it silent again?

2. With coolant mixed with distilled water, after 1 hour I see the tube, radiator and the copper is warming up. It was not with distilled water only in test. Please note I do not run 2 fans on radiator. Anything wrong?

Unfortunately i can't give you solid answers but my first guess is to check the speed setting on the pump. That may account for the noise. Did you adjust it at all?

The noise is from tiny bubbles inside the loop. It will go away once the system is fully bled.

The heat is probably from the pump. If your computer is on I highly suggest you put on some fans as rads are not meant to be run passive.

I have done it. I am really happy when this is first time I build up a computer and WC. My friend told me I am so brave because all components I got are not cheap and no experience in building computer and also WC.

I tried to touch the water block to see how it is. Well just a little bit warm and the rad is absolutely cold with 2 fan 108CFM. Only one problem left is the noise from the pump. I hope it going to be silent soon after being fully bled. I will post the images later.

It is almost over 1 week. The pump is still noisy at speed 3. It was dead silent before in leaking test. How can I make it shut up again?

Back