• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftec MCW50 & Radeon X1950 PRO AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Irondog

Registered
Hi to all,
I'm guessing if the WB MCW50 is compatible (or can be made compatible using an adaptor) with the brand new Radeon X1950 PRO AGP videocard... take into cornsideration that I have the possibility to create every adaptor I want made of stainless steel to lock the WB with the four holes around the GPU. What I'm asking is if can be installed onto this GPU... thanks

Maviryk said:
Don't forget you will also have the HSI bridge to cool too.

Yes, you are right! I've planned to use a simple passive heatsink, have you got any suggestions?

Well, I used a Maze4 with the 7800GS. You will have to measure the dimensions of the mounting holes for the 1950agp when you get it, then look up specs of the MCW50 to see if the universal mount will clear the block itself to mount.

If the block is too big... go and buy a tapping kit like I did and make your own mount!

At one point I was thinking about putting a Swiftech Storm on a GPU.....

Irondog said:
Yes, you are right! I've planned to use a simple passive heatsink, have you got any suggestions?
On most AGP cards that have a HSI bridge a passive HS is used, but then it is usually designed to get some airflow from the GPU HSF. I'm guessing a passive heatsink should be enough, when it's setup put the graphics card under load and see if the heatsink gets very hot or not.

Good luck :)

Clockwork_Apple said:
On most AGP cards that have a HSI bridge a passive HS is used, but then it is usually designed to get some airflow from the GPU HSF. I'm guessing a passive heatsink should be enough, when it's setup put the graphics card under load and see if the heatsink gets very hot or not.

Good luck :)

Maybe I can use Zalman ZM-VHS1 heatsink?? I need somebody who confirms me that HIS has two mounting holes with a distance of 43mm... :rolleyes:

Back