• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

admin password....problem winxp home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{DvT}J.D.M_eg6

Registered
hey guyz my neighbour just gave me 2 of his computers one is a dell 2400 and the other is a sony vaio...the problem is that they both have admin password lock on the accounts.i was wondering if there is a way around it , to start of fresh with new acounts. or can i get around the password and get in the account..

Just format the drives and start clean. Im sure they wouldnt want you to have access to their files anyways. Just grab a windows xp cd and blow the hard drives away.

Code:
Try accessing the admin account from safemod and change it from there

this has worked for me countless times

What version? On the login screen of XP simply holding Alt Ctr Del will bring up the screen to type in user account info and typing in administrator would most likly work. Besides that there a great deal of programs that will do this for free.

||Console|| said:
linux boot disk remove password file

Hah thats called a root kit isnt it?

Man I hate those things. My friends at a LAN party compromised my comp while I was asleep and im not even gonna tell you what I saw when I woke up and got back on my computer...

/\\/3|2o said:
Hah thats called a root kit isnt it?

Man I hate those things. My friends at a LAN party compromised my comp while I was asleep and im not even gonna tell you what I saw when I woke up and got back on my computer...

Umm, no its called password recovery. People do forget passwords so there is a legitamite use for such things. I would say that if it is a generic install no password might have been set. If one was then you can always try asking the person who gave you the computers. If not then the best thing woul be a fresh install (I believe in the Vaio it is a hard drive partition accessed by F6 at boot).

ErikD said:
Umm, no its called password recovery. People do forget passwords so there is a legitamite use for such things. I would say that if it is a generic install no password might have been set. If one was then you can always try asking the person who gave you the computers. If not then the best thing woul be a fresh install (I believe in the Vaio it is a hard drive partition accessed by F6 at boot).

Ah, well its probably one of those things that has different names with different intents. Like a car. Used to drive to get groceries, its a car. Used to barrel down a crowded walkway, its a death wagon :beer:

Yeah good point though, {DvT}J.D.M_eg6 did you even ask the previous owners if they knew it?

{DvT}J.D.M_eg6 said:
hey guyz my neighbour just gave me 2 of his computers one is a dell 2400 and the other is a sony vaio...the problem is that they both have admin password lock on the accounts.i was wondering if there is a way around it , to start of fresh with new acounts. or can i get around the password and get in the account..

not a problem:

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2006/01/forgot-your-windows-password-no.html

this is just one of several decent tools out there that will allow you to boot from a cd and reset the winXP administrator password.

i've personally used this method several times and came out looking like a 3L173 god ... (even though i'm far from it) ....

madwizard said:
Safe mode. Admin account, control panel, user accounts, remove passwords...

That is the perfect way to over come issue...just type the full word administrator :) in the user line

Back