• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win XP reboots over and over again HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alan7824

I just upgrade my MB and CPU and everything works great but I can't windows to start. When it goes to start after POST, it reboots. I then get the "windows didn't start correctly" notice and have the options to start in safe mode, etc. Even if I select safe mode, windows just reboots as it tries to start. Can anyone help?

Win XP with SP2 and genuine validated.
WinFast MB with Athelon 64 3500+ CPU
1 GB Ram.

Thanks

Put the XP install CD in your optical drive and get into the BIOS to make sure it boots before the hard drive.

Reboot and invoke the repair console when given the choice to detect and load the correct drivers for your new motherboard.

XP can't properly communicate with the motherboard until the correct drivers are in place.

Welcome to the forums

D-d-d-o-o-oh

Man, am I stupid or what. I forgot about the drivers and bios disk that came with the MB. When I went into bios after starting, I was thinking I had already installed them. DUMMY ME.

Well please post your results after you try out my advice.

I have some XP boot issues myself and right now I'm in Vista RC2 trying to salvage my XP installation.

I finally got all the driver issues worked out. The Foxconn MB does not explain things well. My firewall and anti-virus software was a real pain to get to work with the MB.

All is well int the world now.

Back