• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Misc. Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcll2002

After a few months, i need to add some more liquid. Should I add more of the hydrix crap that swiftech gave me (dont have any) or should i just add more water?

Also, can someone point me to the best, cheapest, and quietest fans for my rad? The ones that came with it click and are kinda loud. Will yate loons be good?

Um did that kit of yours liek mine come with 7V fan connectors?

im assuming your using the 12V standard connectors if its loud, when i used the 7V's i couldnt even hear them.

The swiftech stuff is pretty good fluid, just stay away form using food dyes, they can cause build ups.

Phrenetical said:
Um did that kit of yours liek mine come with 7V fan connectors?

im assuming your using the 12V standard connectors if its loud, when i used the 7V's i couldnt even hear them.

The swiftech stuff is pretty good fluid, just stay away form using food dyes, they can cause build ups.
yeah theyre decently quiet, but they click and its extremely annoying.

my question is when topping off the system after a few months, do i just add alittle more distilled water?

jcll2002 said:
After a few months, i need to add some more liquid. Should I add more of the hydrix crap that swiftech gave me (dont have any) or should i just add more water?

Also, can someone point me to the best, cheapest, and quietest fans for my rad? The ones that came with it click and are kinda loud. Will yate loons be good?

To actually answer your question, it should be fine to just add some distilled water. almost everything else that was in the fluid added origionally will (or should be) still in the loop. Mostly it is the water that finds its way out

Last edited:
Back