• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP ALWAYS freezes when I restart/shutdown. its a new rig too!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidMetaL

Registered
well specs are as followed. Just set this rig up a like 2 weeks ago. and whenever I hit restart/shutdown it just freezes on the XP logo shutting down. Same for when I download updates and must restart after. Starting to really **** me off. I have to manually hit the reset button on my case.

amd x2 4400+
evga 7950gt KO
2gb corsair value
xplosion sound card
nec dvd rom
PSU/harddrives were from previous setup, never had any problems with them.

EDIT: heres a pic from my device manager, it seems that my computer recognizes my CPU and a couple other drivers TWICE. how could I go about correcting this, would this cause XP to freeeze all the time

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Is this a fresh installation of windows with the new hardware? If not was your old setup an AMD rig? Ya know how those wacky things can happen to windows when its moved from one chipset to another :/

Well it registering 2 different things some devices are registered more then once. But thats a hell of a lot of devices. Be warned this might damage your windows though, you could uninstall all of those and reboot and let windows try and fix itself. It might do the trick it might just hose up the OS for another reinstall.

Back